CENTER FOR ADDICTIVE PROBLEMS/CAP OF DOWNERS GROVE/CAP QUALITY CARE
COVID-19 RESPONSE AS OF 03/28/2020
To prevent the further spread of COVID-19, Governor Pritzker has issued an order for people to shelter at home as much as possible. If/when people have to be in public to meet essential needs, including attending CAP for medication, individuals are encouraged to follow these common-sense practices:
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet from other individuals.
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds using soap and water; use hand sanitizer only when soap and water are unavailable.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover mouth and nose with the inside of the arm or with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Throw the tissue away immediately. Wash hands as soon as possible afterwards.
- Avoid using cash, if possible, or wash hands immediately after handling cash.
As the situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure patient and staff safety and avoid any interruption of services.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, door handles, handrails, bathrooms, etc.).
- We are maintaining as large an inventory of methadone, personal protective equipment (PPE) (ie: masks, gloves) and cleaning supplies as possible. There is NO indication of any disruption of supply or distribution of methadone. We are having difficulty maintaining an inventory of certain PPEs (masks) and cleaning supplies (hand sanitizer), so we may have to limit use of these based on supply and circumstances.
- We are assessing patient needs on an individual basis based on level of risk, and providing extra carry medication to eligible patients. Please talk with your counselor if you have extenuating medical circumstances.
- We have developed a letter that patients can carry with them verifying the need to attend CAP for essential services. Please ask for one at the bookkeeping desk if you have not received one.
- We have split the staff so that each staff member is only working 3 days per week to reduce their general exposure risk, but we remain open 6 days per week with our regular hours to provide services. We continue to schedule intakes for new patients and offer guest dosing to patients from other clinics, as mandated by our regulatory agencies.
- We are asking patients to limit their in-person visits to medication and essential services only (ie: doctor/nurse practitioner visit), and to use telephone calls with their counselor/CAP staff for support and ancillary services. We also ask patients to not bring children/guests with them to CAP if at all possible, and to attend at less busy times (ie: not around opening or closing times) to limit the number of patients in the building at any given time.
- We have developed procedures to maintain social distancing and safety in the clinic (ie: installing temporary glass barriers at bookkeeping and nursing, placing tape marks on the floor to indicate appropriate distances in lines, limiting number of patients in waiting areas, etc.).
- We have developed procedures to isolate and reduce contact with patients who report symptoms that could be related to COVID-19, and also procedures for patients who document a potential or confirmed exposure to an individual who tested positive for COVID-19.
- We are working with our local, state and federal authorities on implementing current recommendations/requirements as they evolve.
- We will continue to communicate changes to procedures as they happen. Please contact your counselor/staff with any questions.
Please make sure CAP has updated contact info for you in case we need to reach you in an emergency situation.
If you have respiratory symptoms, please call the clinic to consult with staff before attending, and please proceed directly to the lab with limited interaction with staff and patients/visitors.
(312) 266-0404 CAP Chicago (630) 810-0186 CAP of Downers Grove
(207) 209-1505 CAP Quality Care Westbrook, ME