The Center for Addictive Problems (CAP)in Downers Grove is pleased that you are considering entering our program to work on your chemical dependency issues. We will attempt to provide you with an opportunity to redirect your energies from abusing narcotics and other drugs to being placed on a medically monitored medication, methadone hydrochloride and engaging in counseling. CAP is welcoming to individuals with co-occuring opiate dependence and mental health disorders
4954 Main Street. Downers Grove, IL 60515
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 5:30am – 10:00am & 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Saturday: 7:30am – 12:00pm
Sunday & Holidays: Closed
*Early morning hours at 5:30am with staff approval. After hours patients may medicate at the CAP Chicago office for $5 with an ID.
- Methadone maintenance/withdrawal
- Suboxone (buprenorphine)
- Counseling services
- Support groups may be available
- Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Hepatitis C and HIV Education, Referral, and Liaison with Healthcare Providers
- Twinrix Vaccination for Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B
- Flu shots
- Annual TB testing
- EKG Testing
Federal and State law eligibility requirements:
- 18 years of age or older. 17 and under requires parent or guardian consent.
- Opiates are your primary drug (heroin or prescription painkillers such as vicodin, oxycontin, percocet, morphine, codeine, etc)
- You are addicted to or dependent on opiates and you can verify this by one of the following methods:
- Previous treatment with us
- Letter from a physician or previous treatment center
- Observable physical dependence, i.e. classic withdrawal symptoms, track marks, or testing positive for opiates or methadone.
Please note that to be eligible for Suboxone (buprenorphine) you must have a short addiction history, minimal daily use of opiates or currently stable on 30 mg or less of methadone. Other requirements may also apply. Eligibility will be determined by a CAP physician.
The intake appointment will take approximately 3 hours.
What to Bring:
- Valid Photo ID (drivers license, state ID, military ID, passport).
- Proof of your social security number (card, pay stub).
- We accept cash, money order, or cashiers check only. Sorry, no personal checks at the time of intake (personal checks are accepted after the first week of treatment).
- If you owe any back fees from previous treatment with us, we are willing to work out a payment plan with you.
You will begin by meeting with a counselor to complete paperwork and an assessment. Then, a nurse will check your vital signs and complete lab work. Finally, you will meet with a doctor who will assess your withdrawal symptoms and determine an appropriate starting dose of methadone or buprenorphine. You will be required to submit a urine sample for testing prior to meeting with the doctor. All intakes are breathalyzed prior to being dosed and if there is a positive reading the completion of your intake will be delayed.
Methadone Maintenance Program:
$60.00 intake fee, $60.00 per week*
Suboxone (Buprenorphine) Program:
$350 intake fee, (does not include medication) $200.00 per month**
*Methadone clinic service fees are billed weekly, and include all counseling, nursing, and physician services. **Buprenorphine service fees are billed monthly and include a physician visit only.
Some private insurance policies will reimburse you for a portion of your treatment costs. Please contact your insurance company for more information.
We accept all major credit cards
Patients interested in receiving guest dosing privileges at CAP clinics must have pre-authorization forms completed, faxed and verified by their home clinic prior to arrival.
Our guest dosing fees are $15.00 per dose and a $20.00 administrative fee per setup.